Sunday, January 30, 2011

How can I get Disney Channel auditions?

QUESTION: How can I get Disney Channel auditions?
And can I attend them if I am from another country?

ANSWER:

I believe that any nationality can attend auditions,
but you would have to check directly with the Disney people.
In addition, in order to work in the U.S., even as an actor
you need to be 'legal' and have a certain type of visa.
http://www.actingcareerstartup.com/usa-visitor-visa.html

If it's Disney you want then have a look at this page. Maybe you already
saw it. This is my arsenal of information around Disney Channel auditions.
http://www.actingcareerstartup.com/disney-channel-auditions.html

Also, you might want to think about this. I would advise you to set up a series of things you want to accomplish in LA when you are there and not just go for one Disney audition. Why do I say that? Because not just for you, but for all of us actors the chances of booking a job when there are thousands of people like you who want the same thing is very low. That's just the way it is. So if I were you, I would not put all my eggs in that basket.

You also mentioned that you will have "completed" you acting classes. I'm not sure how many classes you have taken, but studying to perfect your craft is something you are never finished with.

And lastly, think about your look, your accent (if it is different from an American accent) and what the Disney people are looking for right now in the way of casting. In other words, do you look like you would fit into some of the Disney programs you would like to be on? Do you speak like an American? If not, are you able to turn your accent on and off when you want? Have you learned how to do that? And how much do you know about what the Disney people are looking for? What kinds of types, people, kids are they casting for at the moment and for which shows? What kind of roles? What is your type?

Do you have your marketing materials up to date? Do you have a professionally done headshot that is like a headshot that casting directors in LA would be looking for? Is your resume formatted properly according to LA standards?

While you are there, could you take some other classes, try and get an agent? Do you know how to go about doing that? Are you familiar with LA and aware that you will need a car to get around? Do you have enough money set aside to be able to concentrate on your acting career fully for at least a year without having to work? What is your budget breakdown like? In other words, how much have you budgeted for your entire trip?

There are so many questions to ask Peace and so much to prepare. I think I gave you this page link, but here it is again:
http://www.actingcareerstartup.com/acting_classes_in_the_usa.html

No comments: