Saturday, January 22, 2011

How do I know if an acting school is a good school or not?

QUESTION:

How do I know if an acting school is good or not?

ANSWER:

I never heard of the acting school you mentioned. I did visit their website, however. There is basic information, but difficult to tell if they are a good acting school or not. Try contacting them and setting up an appointment together with your parents or one of them. Make sure you have a look at this page first that talks about how you can choose an acting school that's right for you:
http://www.actingcareerstartup.com/acting-class.html

When you talk to them, ask for some names of some of their students that you can talk to privately together with your parents and let your parents and theirs talk too.

Also, here is an interview I did with actor an acting teacher Jeff Alan Lee who has a Hollywood acting school for teens. It might help you in your decision on choosing the right school and help you to understand what you can expect:
http://www.actingcareerstartup.com/young-actor's-studio.html

I hope that answers your question.

No comments: