Saturday, November 17, 2007

How can I get castings without any acting skills?

Recently a young girl came to ActingCareerStartUp.com and asked me that very question. This is what I told her:

Don't illude yourself.

Abraham Lincoln once said, "If I have three hours to cut down a tree, I would spend the first hour to sharpen the axe."

Sharpen your axe first before you start! What's the hurry? Don't know if you ever thought about this, but, not all actors who get jobs are able to keep them. Sometimes even actors get fired. Why? Because they maybe auditioned well and were liked during the audition process, but when it came down to actually working on set, it was discovered that they really didn't have the talent to keep the job or they simply just couldn't keep up with the director's demands, they couldn't take direction, because they didn't have a solid base of acting skill.

So, my advice would be for you to get your training first, be the best you can be and then go to castings. At least start learning some kind of technique first and go to castings while you are studying.

Here is a list of 17 things you can do today to get started in your career.


Good luck!

No comments: