Sunday, March 6, 2011

Can I still get discovered if I don't take acting classes?

Question:

I love acting and have always be a natural at it. I've never taken any classes because I didn't think it is necessary. Will I still be able to get discovered and get an agent?

ANSWER:

Here is something you should know. The acting industry is full of competition. It's really unbelievable how many people want to become actors. I'm sorry to say that most of those people either believe that they have what it takes, that they are just natural talents or they believe that they will somehow "get discovered". Others wrongly think that the first steps to starting an acting career are to get a headshot and an agent and that things will be easy after that.

The one sure way to eliminate most of the competition is to work harder than they do. Why? Because most people aren't willing to do what's necessary to be successful.

Know that if you want to get discovered, you have to make it happen. It doesn't happen by itself. The more prepared you are, the more likely it is to happen.

Here are two videos I think you should watch:

Sign up to watch:
The top 10 reasons why most aspiring actors never make it:
http://www.actingcareerstartup.com/an-acting-career.html

The second video is the biggest secret I learned while sitting outside
an audition that helped me to get 8 acting jobs in less than 10 weeks.
www.actingcareerquickstart.com

I hope that helps.

No comments: