Thursday, August 14, 2008

Acting Cover Letter Help!

Hello. First I would like to thank for an opportunity
to ask you a question. I'm Russian and I came to United States 4 years ago
to pursue my acting career ( I'm 16).When I turn 18 I'm moving to NY to
pursue my career.
Today I have been working on my cover letter and this is that what I came
with :" Dear( agents name) Your agency has been recommended to me by various
people during my search for representation in New York/Los Angeles. I have
always loved acting and I have taken various acting classes in and outside
of United States, so I am sure that I am the right type of "white bread" to
be represented. I have enclosed my resume and photos for your consideration.
I am looking forward to meeting you and I will contact you by phone ( date
and time). Truly yours, Daria XXX.
do you consider this to be a good cover letter?
IF you don't mind Ill address my another problem, when I was in Russia
I have been in MANY theater productions and such,however I lost information
( director's name etc, ) how should I present it in my resume?
I decided to be an actress when I was 7 ( I saw the lord of the rings) and
I was like this isit... I want to do that. Thank you so much for a chance
to ask you a question.
Truly yours,
Daria XXX


ANSWER

There were a lot of mistakes in that mail above that I received. I corrected most of them.

First of all, with regard to the cover letter, have a look at this page.
It's a similar question I answered from a girl not long ago and has
some of the things I think will be helpful for you.
www.actingcareerstartup.com/acting_cover_letter.html

Secondly, I would suggest you have a look at these pages as well. They
are about what you need to consider when you get an agent.
www.actingcareerstartup.com/looking-for-an-acting-agent.html
www.actingcareerstartup.com/get-a-talent-agent.html

That leads me to your accent and English language ability. The better
your English is, the more kinds of roles you can be cast in. Otherwise
you will always be the Russian girl. There is absolutely nothing wrong with
that, but it limits the number of auditions you can go on and consequently,
the number of jobs you can get.

This page shows you step by step exactly what you have to do to get an
agent.
www.actingcareerstartup.com/get-a-talent-agent.html

Also, even though you have a lot of experience, you should still be going to
class. Your acting craft never stops growing. You must keep learning. Also, it is
important for you to know that even if you don't have a lot of experience, agents and
casting directors will be looking to see if you have been training or not.
Here's how to choose the right school for you:
www.actingcareerstartup.com/acting_classes.html

Lastly, with regard to the addresses, names you have lost. I don't know what
to tell you except don't lie. You must find some of them at least.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions.

Tony

2 comments:

ms said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
chuuchuua2 said...

I need help. My family and friends and teachers all think I would be a really great actress, and that is what i want to be, but I never really had a big experience with acting. Can you help me figure out what becoming an actress is about? Write back! Thank you!