Friday, April 4, 2008

Question: I am so blessed that I have found such an informative site like yours, but I have some questions about where to start.

I do have specific questions such as upon chosing an
acting class gaining experience how do I create a resume. Also I am
considering getting headshots done but should I get headshots before I
get experience? After gaining experience and headshots, and creating a
resume what specifically should I do?

ANSWER:

Your question has confirmed an idea I have had for some time now about
helping people to know exactly where to start and how to make that clearer
for them.

Here you go. I will give you a series of pages to go visit that should help
you get started.

1. Go to this page on a squidoo lens and read:
The Top 10 Reasons Why Most Aspiring Actors Never Make It!
www.squidoo.com/start-an-acting-career/

2. www.actingcareerstartup.com/an_acting_career.html This page has 7 steps
to get started including 23 benefits of taking acting classes.

3. www.actingcareerstartup.com/acting_classes.html - on how to choose an acting school.

4. About a resume: http://www.actingcareerstartup.com/professional-actor-resume.html .
There you'll find 10 things you need to know that will help you create a resume.

5. How to write a cover letter: http://www.actingcareerstartup.com/acting_cover_letter.html

6. With regard to headshots, part of your answer you will already have if you read
the squidoo lens article about The Top 10 Reasons... . For the rest of the answer,
I'd like to you go read an interview I did with a Hollywood Acting Coach. See what
he says about headshots. You'll find it about half way down this page link:
http://www.actingcareerstartup.com/acting-career.html

7. Here you will find everything you need to know about how to make sure you get the headshots
you want, choosing a photographer, etc. www.actingcareerstartup.com/headshots.html

8. What to do after you have some experience and have headshots?
www.actingcareerstartup.com/get-a-talent-agent.html

Ashley, that should get you well on your way to your dream of becoming an actress.

By the way, when I talk about studying the industry, I mean researching some of the links
you will find on this page:
www.actingcareerstartup.com/acting_industry_information.html

If you sit down and go through this 'mini course' that I have outlined for you, I'm sure you
will make progress. You must be diligent though.

No comments: